When Aidan died, we were given a Memory Box in the hospital, from a charity called 4Louis. We decided that we wanted to create our own Memory Boxes and donate them to hospitals in the UK so that other bereaved parents could find some comfort in them.
Our mission is to support hospitals in making continuous improvements to their bereavement services. We aim to do this by donating our memory boxes, providing relevant equipment such as cold cots, digital cameras and printers, and funding bereavement training courses for staff.
Our handmade Memory Boxes are provided to hospitals free of charge, in memory of our little boy Aidan Christopher. We are currently supplying the Labour Ward, Neonatal Ward, Children’s Ward and A&E Department at Airedale General Hospital in West Yorkshire. If you would like to support us, please consider making a donation or doing some fundraising for us.
Nothing replaces being able to leave hospital with your beautiful baby, but we hope that our boxes will provide a small amount of comfort and hope to parents, and let them know that they are not alone.
Each Aidan’s Elephants Memory Box Package contains:
– A large decorated Memory Box with a Mummy and Baby Elephant on the front, lined with tissue paper, for parents to keep their precious baby’s things in. The front of each box has a tag saying “Always Remembered, Always Loved” on the front, and another tag which parents can write baby’s name on.
– A clay impression kit, which contains a beautiful frame – one side holds baby’s clay prints and one side can hold a photograph.
– An inkless wipe kit, which contains two pieces of specially treated paper, to allow parents of hospital staff to capture baby’s hand and footprints.
– A candle in a little keepsake box, so that the family can store it safely, to light on a special occasion or whenever they wish.
– A special box to keep the baby’s hospital ID bracelet in.
– A curl box, to keep a little lock of hair inside.
– A card, so the family can write a poem or letter to their baby.
– A CD for storing baby’s precious photographs on.
– Two identical soft elephants, one for the family to give to the baby, and one for the family to take home. Each elephant has a ribbon around it’s neck, with a metal charm saying ‘remember’.
– A small card with a message from us on, with Aidan’s hand and footprint. The card contains our website address, where parents can find helpful information and access a list of relevant organisations/charities that can help to support them.
Please click on the images to view them in full.
We chose to use elephants in our boxes, as Aidan’s nursery was jungle-themed, and we have always loved the sentiment that “elephants never forget”. At Aidan’s funeral, we played “Baby Mine” from Dumbo for Aidan. We will never forget our little star, and elephants will always remind us of him.
If you received one of our Memory Boxes when your baby passed away, and you would like to give us some feedback – please leave us a message in the comments below, or you can email us confidentially at email@example.com